Tuesday, September 11, 2007

PhD


Anyone here ever have to tell their bosses that they're tired of working at the company and are going to get a PhD? If you have, I would love to hear your advise on how to do it without sounding like a complete dick. Sure, it's the natural thing to do in my position, at least from my perspective. It's just hard when you were the first employee of the company, the entire group in its first iteration was fired and replaced (excluding me, of course), and you're certain that things won't go so well when you leave.

Also, I'm fairly sure that my boss will rain fire on one departing employee named Marshall -- EACH WEEK!!

I had to tell the founder of my company last night because I need his recommendation. I haven't told my supervisor yet. Not sure I want to bear a full year of being brushed aside (yep, I gave them a years notice... aren't I a good submissive employee?)

P.S. that's not me. But this person is the recipient of a whole lot of lobster-love. a whole lot..

5 comments:

CJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CJ said...

Is that picture even slightly related to your post?

Or are just excited about learning how to post a picture? If so, I know it can be an exciting time in a young man's life.

I was there once...

PS- yes, i am responsible for writing and deleting two previous comments.

MPC said...

It's okay to admit that that picture makes you a bit uncomfortable. The Viks have their NAMBLA, you can have your NAMLLA.

Don' worry, be hapa said...

Disciplined Minds by Jeff Schmidt