Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rough Day



I had one of my all-time rough days today. Topped only by yesterday, and possibly the day before. Work is really getting to me lately (though I won't get into the details.)

What is worse is that this is a catastrophic day of mourning for me--- as I lost my very expensive Revo sunglasses somewhere between home and work. The last time I lost a pair of sunglasses was my junior year of high school. They fit my face perfectly, and I wore them all the time. Then one day I lost them while playing golf, and was devastated. I literally jogged across about 6 miles of fairways looking for them in the dark, but to no avail. In memory of my loss I swore I wouldn't wear another pair for at least a year. But a year grew into two, which turned into 6, which turned into 9...

I may have sworn off sunglasses forever, but with my recent laser surgery I began an intensive search for a replacement (sunglasses are required). After an hour of searching the 20x10 ft Sunglass Hut in my neighborhood, I finally begrudgingly picked a black pair of Revos with the wrapping corners-- the one's major league outfielders wear.

At first, the new sunglasses just reminded me of my lost love (the old high school shades), but over the last few months my revos became a part of me... and today they mysteriously disappeared on my way into work. I spent an hour after work asking security officers if anyone had turned them in, and searching the lost and found..

At this point I am just going to have to rely on the good faith and integrity of the people who work for the government.

So, yeah, I will never see them again.

No comments: