Friday, January 11, 2008

PRK update

I know you have all been anxious to hear the report on how my eyes are doing... so I will tell you.

I got surgery on my eyes in late August, and now my eyes should be through their healing process. I spoke briefly to a friend of mine who has just scheduled her own PRK appointment. I suspect she secretly wants to kill me and take over my life. Once I saw her and she was writing in her notebook, and she had just written my name over and over again. But that is another story.

Anyway, my eyes see wonderfully. I do experience a slight halo effect on lights at nighttime. I have noticed that my eyes are sensitive to sunlight now. I continue to where sunglasses whenever I am outside (per instruction), which is sometimes as much hassle as wearing regular glasses. The main difference is I look (or appear as if I am trying to look) cooler.

My eyes do get dry sometimes. I put moisture drops in my eyes about once a day. And if I don't put this gel in my eyes when I go to sleep at night, my eyes get extremely dry while I am sleeping, and it is painful (sometimes excruciatingly) when I wake up. This is heightened dramatically if I have done any drinking the night before.

One other weird side-effect is that flying really, really dries out your eyes. Definitely put a moisturizing night-time gel in your eyes, and bring lots of drops if you are flying. The first flight I took I was unprepared, and was literally squirting drops all over my face to the horror of the passengers to my right and left. The cramped quarters of plane, and frequent turbulence, makes it difficult to do eye drops, FYI.

That's about it. I am open to questions. I would certainly do it again. I have 20/15 vision now.

2 comments:

Helen said...

i think i can take over your life without actually having to kill you. rest easy.

CJ said...

Actually, i find that comment even more disturbing...