Sunday, December 2, 2007

Long time no see, or type, or read.


Hey everybody... apologies for the month long hiatus. Anyone still reading the old blog?

I just returned from a couple week vacation to California. Had a great time catching up with my old friends and making some new ones. I also had the opportunity to take a few hikes in the hills around Mt. Diablo and Las Trampas.

Perhaps the most momentous part of my trip was that I pet a wild cow (pictured below). The conversation went like this:

Me: How now brown cow?
Cow: ...
Me: Can I pet you?
Cow: ...
Me: Okay, I am coming in close to pet you now...
Cow: ...
Me: Okay, I am real close now, don't hurt me.
Cow: ...
Me: Okay, I am about to pet you....
Cow: ...
(*Pet Pet*)
Me: Suck on that, bitch. I just pet you.



I also saw this awesome baby cow, which I believe is technically referred to as a calf. Check this picture out:




I also got into the spirit of geocaching... which for the uninitiated, involves using a GPS unit to track down little treasures (of no monetary value) that people hide all over the world. There is probably a geocache near you right now...

I also proved to myself that I am not completely without energy these days. My last night in California involved meeting up with my old friends Jordan and Tyler in SF, returning to Danville around 2AM to eat at Denny's with Kern, and then typing up powerpoint presentation from 4-8 AM, while virtual conferencing with my teammates in Washington who had already started work on the East Coast. Then I woke up at noon and went on an awesome hike to Eagle Peak on the Las Trampas ridge near my family's house. (Top picture for the view from the top).

Of course, after all this, I got home and was ridiculously ill. But it was worth it.

No comments: