Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Price of Smelling Nice

I ran out of shampoo today.

And conspicuously, there it was-- my salvation-- a bottle of dog shampoo in the corner my shower. I looked over the ingredients. Pondered it. Proceeded.

It didn't cross my mind again until late in the afternoon, when an attractive young coworker was enchanted by the smell of my "Premium Tearless Puppy Shampoo."

Her: You smell nice. What shampoo do you use?
Me: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Pantene Pro-V.
Her: Really? I use Pantene. Yours smells different.
Me: (silent, shameful)
Her: What kind of pantene pro-v?
Me: The kind for regular hair? (spoken on the rising note of a question)
Her: Could you bring it in? I want my boyfriend to use it.
Me: Sure...

Then begins the morale quandary section of my day. Buy Pantene Pro-V for her, and continue using puppy tearless shampoo on myself? Buy Pantene, switch the puppy shampoo and pantene bottles? Honesty?

Obviously, not honesty.

No comments: