Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cyber-Stalking

I was on myspace the other day and decided to search for an ex-girlfriend from high school.

Anyhow, within a couple of clicks I made a GRAVE error. I searched using her old email, and somehow i double-clicked or something but I inadvertently INVITED her to join myspace, thus completely revealing my identity AND cyber-stalking habits.

Then I had a great idea: the best way for me to cover my tracks was to start sending "join myspace" invitations to everyone from my high-school, so that if she spoke to any of her old friends she would think that I was sending out invitations to everyone. So after a frantic couple-hours of emailing invitations, I decided that maybe all of the periphery high school people would think that I was cyber-stalking them. So then I spent all the next day sending out "join myspace" invitations to all of the people I knew in college, and at work-- just to expand the realm of plausibility that I really enjoy myspace and think everyone should be a part of it.

Long story short, I have started sending out lots of other emails now, some regarding body part enlargements, others regarding this guy I know in Nigeria who is trying to send large sums of money to your bank account for no very good reason, and still others regarding this great new networking service called classmates.com...

Damn it, I can't believe who I just emailed...

No comments: